February 2023 Love Stories for Every Body Winner - Sharon Axtell

Congratulations to Sharon Axtell whose incredible love story about her own body, Throw Caution to the Wind, earned her top spot as the winner for Love Stories for Every Body.

"I was so excited when I first learned of this months brief, as it aligns with my 'Why.' My desire to encourage others to express themselves freely and without inhibitions. I used photoshop to create my stellar environment with stock images of the moon, starry night sky and a nebula or two. I then added a self portrait I took a few weeks back, just waiting for the right moment to create something special. I wanted my image to portray confidence, poise and fearlessness. The waning crescent moon reflects the later years in a woman's life (The Wild Woman Archetype). The vastness of space around her to represent all the possibilities that await us if only we let go of fears and societal stereotypes. And lastly the loose flowing fabric, which feels like freedom to me. As a maturing, curvier woman I have found it challenging to find others like me represented in media and the arts. I want to be apart of something that changes that narrative, by providing a space for Any Body to express themselves creatively. What I want this art work to communicate is that anything is possible and not even the sky is the limit when you 'Throw caution to the Wind.'



Here's the score and what Teri had to say about Sharon's image:

Hit Factor: 9
Power Factor: 7

This is a gorgeous image! The only advice I would give is to watch the lighting when doing composites :D The lighting on the moon should be the same lighting on the body, but in the image we it looks like on the left side of the image the body was lightened up (which is beautiful) but counter-intuitive to the lighting on the moon and face! Overall, this image is phenomenally beautiful and worthy of printing!

Again, a huge congratulations to you, Sharon! Please show her some extra love by checking out her website and giving her a follow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 2023 50/50 Challenge with Guest Judge Monika Deviat

Congratulations July 2023 50/50 winner Darlene Hildebrandt

May 2023 50/50 Match Brief - Dave Brosha